SAS Interview Questions and Answers
Explain what is SAS? What are the functions does it performs?
SAS means Statistical Analysis System, which is an integrated set of software products.
- Information retrieval and data management
- Writing reports and graphics
- Statistical analysis, econometrics and data mining
- Business planning, forecasting and decision support
- Operation research and Project management
- Quality Improvement
- Data Warehousing
- Application Development
Suppose date is 05sep2005; i want the output like 05sep2005:00:00:00 ; how it will come?
informat date datetime18;
proc print data=test_date;
format date datetime18.;
Explain what is the basic structure of SAS programing?
The basic structure of SAS are
- Program Editor
- Explorer Window
- Log Window
What is option year cuttoff in sas?
by this option we can set the year span like
so it sets year from 2050 to 2049 .
What is the basic syntax style in SAS?
To run program successfully, and you have following basic elements:
- There should be a semi-colon at the end of every line
- A data statement that defines your data set
- Input statement
- There should be at least one space between each word or statement
- A run statement
For example: Infile ‘H: \StatHW\yourfilename.dat’;