Web Hosting Interview Questions and Answers
What are the problems faced while uploading the CGI scripts?
- CGI scripts allow the communication to be done between the client and the server side and it acts as a gateway between them.
- CGI scripts don’t work due to uploading of it in a BINARY mode as this is not the format in which the scripts are uploaded.
- ASCII mode is used to upload the CGI scripts rather than BINARY mode as this is the default format that is being used for this purpose only.
- The file should have the permission on the scripts that hasn’t been set and the permissions should be changed to make the CGI programs readable on the server and client.
- FTP also should have the proper permissions by using the CHMOD that allows the file to be uploaded on the server.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is the act of renting space and bandwidth through a company so that you may publish your web site online.
Where is the dedicated hosting service used?
- Dedicated hosting services allow the users to have their own space or their own web server.
- It can be handled by the user having the full control over the operating system and the resources it uses.
- It doesn’t allow the user to own the server but it is just another type of self managed or unmanaged server.
- Dedicated servers are less costly and they allow better services than the shared ones due to the reliability.
- Dedicated servers require lots of responsibility and maintenance to manage the resources and to provide the services.
- It provides higher security as it is better than the other servers like shared servers that compromise on security as it is shared between many.
What is WebHost Manager (WHM)?
WebHost Manager (WHM) is a web-based tool used by server administrators and resellers to manage hosting accounts on a web server. WHM listens on ports 2086 and 2087 by default.
What are the ways through which the files can be transferred to server?
- Files can be transferred to the server by using the FTP protocol also known as File Transfer Protocol.
- FTP is used as a standard network protocol that transfers the file from one computer to another computer using the TCP protocol network.
- This uploads the pages and other documents that are stored in private disk to the public web hosting server.
- FTP is used on a client server architecture that allows different controls and data connections between the client and the server.
- FTP uses clear-text sign in protocol that allows the client to use the user name and password for authentication purpose.